Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spreading her wings

I know it's been a while since I last posted. Rest assured that I HAVE been writing, yet just haven't felt inspired to post. Maybe it's been because of having such a hectic Fall with three kids back to, or beginning, school. Who knows!?

What I DO know is that inspiration has struck. And now I know why.

I just came from coffee with a friend. Our kids met in pre-school and they are now kindergartners at the same elementary school. We've all been running in different directions and I have been looking forward to catching up with her for such a long time. I was excited to finally sit down and visit...just the two of us!

This fall she opened her own art gallery. She's been running galleries part-time for years and the opportunity to leap into ownership fell on her lap last spring. She took quite a bit of time wrapping her head around taking on this journey. The timing, the money, the fears of failure, the stress on her family. The list of obstacles goes on.

Yet as I sat there with her I was overcome with how proud I am of this inspiring mother. She considered all of the critical challenges and has maintained her priority on family.

She has been patient through the years, raising two boys now in elementary school, supporting a loving husband, and has found her time to leap. And what a beautiful site it is...a journey that many will witness and take pleasure in treasuring as inspiration to take their own leap in life!

Congratulations, my friend, for not only following your dreams, but for also showing fellow mothers how to take on the world with your family right there by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment