Saturday, July 17, 2010

Where the heck...

IS THE SUMMER GOING??? This seems the be the theme of the conversations I'm having with everyone lately. Heck, we're finally having a cookout WITH OUR NEIGHBORS tomorrow for the first time since the kids got out of school.

I didn't think I planned very much for the summer - as you recall, I wanted to keep the summer simple and open for daily adventure. NOT!!

With the three girls it's been more than what we expected - they each had a couple of weeks of swimming lessons, our oldest daughter is wrapping up softball and we were all at vacation bible school this past week (tons of fun and very moving - I'll share next week for sure). All of a sudden, BAM, 6 weeks of summer are gone and we have only 6 more to go.

I couldn't even manage to get a Funny Friday posted yesterday. I'm trying to keep my blog posts authentic, so I don't write in advance. I could, but I think that would take away from reflecting what really goes on in our family and the things that challenge and excite me as a mother. I do, though, have a bit of an editorial calendar of topics I'd like to share or open up for your input.

Most of you probably know that several weeks ago I applied to become a "mommy blogger" and host a weekly call-in show focused on motherhood for a great radio station in town. I have a radio show on my dream list for inspiringmotherhood.com, but this popped into my life unexpectedly. I've been following up with the radio station for about a month now and have the sinking feeling that I will not be chosen. Although I'm totally bummed that I will most likely not become a member of this team, it DID wake up a part of me that got more excited than I expected. A sort of wake-up call to make this a reality sooner rather than later. Consider this goal posted in my kitchen for me to see EVERY DAY, reminding me of my dreams!!

Now, if I could only get time to slow down a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment