Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So, why now? Why this?

There are several moms, including my own, who have helped me navigate through these first years of motherhood. And thank goodness for this support structure! I have met so many mothers along the way; neighbors, fellow preschool moms, aunts & cousins, past colleagues, church friends, yoga buddies, voting line acquaintances, community center classmates...you get the picture! Some of these supporters have existed for years or even decades, yet some have been a single conversation waiting for our children to come out of their first tumbling class. Surprisingly, so many insightful discussions have occurred in this fleeting manner. What a gift!

What I've noticed is that outside of my own "circle" there is not a community for moms to gather who wrestle with the short and long-term issues of prioritizing motherhood. We have stay-at-home mom local support groups, and working mother blogs, magazines and such for mothers who stay in the workforce full-time. Where do the mothers who have made "in-between" choices go for support, ideas, career advice and a place to share?

This is my passion; this is why I'm launching www.inspiringmotherhood.com.

I want to hear your story - WE, want to hear your story. Together, we will bring the role of motherhood to the level it deserves in our hustling & bustling society. Not viewed as a sacrifice, but as an honor and a responibility that we embrace. And instead of fearing the reaction to having this role listed on your resume as a fatal gap in experience, it will be simply regarded as an example of your ability to prioritize critical life choices.

Join me! Sign up as a follower of this blog...and invite a few moms along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment