Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last week was a big week!

I just couldn't seem to get ahead of last week! We had too many things going on, my thoughts were so random that I thought you wouldn't miss 'em...

Sydney had her last day of second grade - filled with field games, parties, classroom cleanup and stuff that will be more meaningful to her later in life as memories than what she appreciated in the moment. Ahh, the ignorance of our youth!! I'm sure I was much more fun back in those days!!

Don't you feel like you get to a grown up point in life that you almost know too much to cut loose, lay back and just have some fun? Well, I do - and my husband tells me so (in not those exact words!). Too many things to worry about, plan for, schedule, take action on...the list grows.

I've decided that this part of me, hidden back in my second grade self, needs to get out more. The kids need to see me having more fun, and I need to have some more for my sake!!

Summer is a great time to set this kind of goal. The morning's are bright and cheerful to rise with...much more motivating than our gray winters. I don't know what excuse I'd use if I lived in say, California or Florida! And I just feel more ready and willing to try new things or at least finish something that has taken way too long to cross off my to-accomplish list.

Happy summer, moms!! Let's make some fun memories to talk about once fall hits the scene!!

No comments:

Post a Comment