Friday, June 4, 2010

Resisting the urge

Of course, every bone in my body is telling me to develop a business plan for my adventure, yet there's a long-repressed side of me that says..."Wait!"

During my years in business I had become quite good at writing formal documents - proposals, strategic plans, speeches, presentations, training material and business plans to boot. I was typically proud of my work and it gave me a deep sense of accomplishment.

What had become missing from my personality was the spontaneous nature that I once enjoyed. It helped with my sense of adventure, agility in thinking, and snuffed out my "perfection" DNA that can sometimes be a pain in the neck (mostly to those around me!).

I am relishing in the enjoyment I am getting from listening, sharing and kicking around ideas with other moms. I truly love hearing about what your thinking, what challenges you most, or how you've kicked a bad habit. It has been confirming to me that our voices need to help more moms! We have so much to share, so much to influence in a positive direction.

So, lately I have been getting the itch to pull that business plan together and have realized that I have most of it written on a huge piece of paper on the wall of our playroom/den. I think it's kinda funny that it's written on paper that I borrowed from the giant roll of easel paper that my kids use for art projects!!

I'm a visual processor, so to see my ideas building on one visual map is very effective. This "flushing out" process has been cleansing, motivating and inspiring!!! There are days when I look at the map and think - wow, that's gonna be a lot work. And others are filled with excitement of what will come.

I am meeting fabulous people running internet-based businesses that are pulling communities together. For fun kid ideas, parenting support, nutrition, entrepreneuer resources...and the mom-centered communities are such a treat!

Coming in June...a completed business plan, including a social media marketing strategy. If my head doesn't spin out of control, I'll make it through this month!!

Have a fun weekend with the fam - until next week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan my daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete